The waiting list for a Saint Francis Service Dog is currently full. Please fill out and submit our Contact Information Form. This puts your name on our list to contact when openings occur. Application packets will be sent to those on the list in the order in which Contact Information Forms were received.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A SAINT FRANCIS SERVICE DOG, THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET:
- Applicant must reside in the Commonwealth of Virginia and/or in the area within a 3 hour drive of our facility at the time of application and final adoption. The immediate family of the applicant must agree to this adoption and to the conditions surrounding this request.
- Applicant must have a fenced in yard with minimum dimensions of 36’ x 12’ x 4’.
- Applicant’s home must be a safe, healthy and loving environment for a dog to live in.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to provide for dog’s care monetarily, including feeding high quality dog food, providing for regular check-ups, purchase of flea and tick control, heartworm preventative and any other medications, treatments or surgeries that may be needed.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to provide for dog’s health needs, including regular exercise, feeding, check-ups, immunizations, flea and tick control and heartworm preventative.
- Applicant may not have a pet dog in the home, unless an exception is made due to age or sickness of the pet dog. This guideline does not apply to service dogs already in the home.
- Applicant must show ability and willingness to keep Saint Francis Service Dog under control at all times.
- Applicant must show ability and willingness to travel to Roanoke for screening, classes, interviews, 10-day training and regularly scheduled certification and recertification tests. Applicant must be able to pay for all travel expenses, including overnight stays during 10-day training (this includes in-town applicants).
- Applicant can interact with the dog, provide for the dog’s emotional, physical and financial needs.
- Applicant desires independent living and/or an improvement in the quality of his/her life through the use of a Saint Francis Service Dog.
Fill in the Applicant Contact Information Form below: